Thursday, January 6, 2011

Finished Card

Remember my start for the New Year's letter card? I finished it and hope to get these suckers in the mail this week still. What seemed like such a good idea at the time is now just hanging over my head.

I ended up cutting the art into pieces and scanning them as a patchwork, printed them out on a real soft handmade paper from Costa Rica, then zig-zagged the printed piece with the sewing machine, trimmed it, and glued the stitched image onto a Strathmore "create your own" that has a red deckle edge.

Here's the rub. Our list is too long to use these (time-consuming) cards which would probably end up in a trash can, so I think I'll save them for for birthday or more personal communications.

My solution was to scan the finished card, have photographs printed, trim and use the photo as the "art." Still says "pieces of our lives," and still has some hands-on work, but more manageable maybe? I picked up some smaller blank cards at Micheal's for $2.50, so I cut the photos in half. I'm making it work and will think twice about this project next year.


No comments: