Tuesday, August 10, 2010
So, how hot is it really?
It's so hot that when we went to the movies on Sunday and left a 12-pack of soda pop in the car, the cans started exploding on the way home! First one popped and we all looked at each other, like "What was that?" Then I looked in the way back (station wagon) and saw brown liquid on the floor. The cans were still in the cardboard so I opened the carton and determined it was only one can. Oh well. One can. Big deal.
But then . . . BOOM! another one. And because I had been so smart to open the carton, this one went all over the windows, the ceiling, etc. We had reached the first drop-off house so we took the carton out of the car and put it in the yard. Pop, pop, boom, boom, and so on. Like Dr. Pepper fireworks. It was hilarious and at the same time a real mess. Thankfully, only one exploded on the ceiling and all over the back of the seat.
Lesson learned. Don't leave sodas in a closed car when it's 102 degrees.
Photo by Professor Andrew Davidhazy, of Rochester, New York.