Sunday, August 22, 2010

Giraffes Gone Wild!


This is the next step in the giraffe project. Expanding it, using layer of the drawings, color, etc.

I used watercolors and watered down Dr. Martin's iridescent copper ink to expand on the giraffe project.

Taking the first ones I drew, I transferred them onto tracing paper, flipping them so they'd all face the same direction. I kept overlapping them until they filled the page. I re-drew them on watercolor paper with a good ole Sharpie and used the iridescent copper for their spots, watercolor for the green and the blue. Ta-da.

It's finished. It's in the drawer. I'm waiting for some genius inspiration on how to use it.

5 comments:

Sarah in Disturbia said...

Love the last post and LOVE the finished product!! Please be inspired and frame it for me!

Cindy said...

What a great herd of giraffes! I admire your talent. I think you should frame and hang them in an unexpected, secret place. Like under a window, slightly behind a curtain. Where you just catch a glimpse and have to hunt intentionally to view them. :-)

Susan said...

There is something about this that speaks to me. Maybe talks to me. Whatever it is, I totally totally love it.

gingerartist said...

Okay Missy! Its almost selfish to keep this talent contained!!! Im officially on protest! Get this published for the whole world to see!!! I demand visibility for the herd!!! Nike says it best, "JUST DO IT"! (the commenter steps down) :o) But seriously!!!!

Connie Dooley said...

Thanks for all the positive comments! I'm now inspired for Exercise 3!