Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Thoughts

I'm reading The Art of Racing in the Rain right now, and until last night, I'd been saying what a sweet book it was. Last night it turned ugly and I had to put it down. I couldn't deal with injustice to anyone at the moment, not even on a page. I couldn't be witness to meanness. Right now I need peace and light and happy thoughts.

I am enjoying this book so much, though. One thought or phrase that is used frequently (because the guy is a race car driver), is "The car goes where your eyes go." "That which you manifest you are."

Today I will manifest peace and light and happy thoughts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel. Sometimes I cannot take the sound of the most familiar voices....and the TV....jeez! And music....yesterday I wanted The Stones to relieve my tension, today Mozart. Go figure! I'm off to order that book!

Kathleen Botsford said...

I know just how you feel. Sometimes I cannot take the sound of the most familiar voices....and the TV....jeez! And music....yesterday I wanted The Stones to relieve my tension, today Mozart. Go figure! I'm off to order that book!

September 16, 2010 9:49 AM

Katy @ Eat Drink & Decorate said...

The book was bittersweet. It's hard to say I "enjoyed" but I did. If nothing more to reveal in the thought that my sweet puppy is looking after us like that puppy did his owner.

Sending happy thoughts your way!! ;-)