We've carted two concrete pots around for about 15 years, have used them but never really "owned" them in terms of giving them any personality. Frankly, they are so heavy that they've ended up residing on the side of the house with nothing planted in them because they just didn't add much to any spot they were put in.
With the new covered porch, we wanted some pots to dress it up. I decided to try my hand at painting these concrete ones and putting them into use again. Here's the "before" picture.
And the "after" picutre.
As much as I didn't know what I was doing, I have to admit this ended up being a fun project and I wondered why it took me so long to try it. I used watered down acrylic paints, painted them on, immediately wiping it off, to try to give it an "old world" look. I used waterproof sealer on it when I was finished.
They look great on the porch and I have a feeling, will look even better when the plants tumble out and they "wear" a little.