Thursday, July 16, 2009

Warped! Which Moon Walk?

Here's how warped I am. Listening to an NPR segment this morning about how after three years of painstakingly thorough searching and believing that the video of the moonwalk was most likely lost forever, tape restoration experts were able to refurbish existing footage, making it clearer than ever -- what did I think they were talking about? Michael Jackson of course.

Come to find out, today is the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11. And they were talking about the real moon walk. Of which, I so remember watching in the middle of the night in a hot apartment, water cooler air conditioner blowing on me, feeling like I was part of history.

The step for mankind. Wow. Forty years ago.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm with you, sister. How was that 40 years ago? I clearly remember it.