The more I think about it, the more I walk through my house, the more I realize I could not do what Jennifer is doing. Selling everything she owns and leaving. I have to be careful not to over analyze the difference. It is what it is. I realize I AM content. I realize I AM happy. I realize my heart is filled with gratitude. The things I'm grateful for aren't big things or complicated things. Here are ten things that come to mind this morning.
1. The volunteer redbud that has thrived and grown to bloom its heart out this spring.
2. Starbucks espresso coffee (especially this morning).
3. A husband that dares to seize his inner designer and rearrange the "tablescape" in the kitchen.
4. A sister who doesn't keep credit card receipts but kept all my letters in chronological order and tied them with a ribbon.
5. A cat who wants to be in the same room with me all the time.
6. Big white azaelas that seem to have survived two bizarre nights of freezing temperatures in April and still promise blooms.
7. A daughter who never fails to make me laugh.
8. A drawer full of fresh vegetables to make my lunch.
9. My clean white sweatpants that make my morning so cozy.
10. The hint of pink in the morning sky that lets me know today is dawning.