Monday, June 27, 2011

Indie Businesses

I like supporting independent businesses as opposed to chains when I can, especially when they rock! I panicked the other day when I finally realized that about the only book store in town is Barnes & Noble. No longer are those little book shops on the corner. Amazon has done away with them.


Coffee shops are somewhat different in that they still exist and won't be replaced by online businesses. I love Starbucks and all it offers, but the absolute best latte in Tulsa comes from an independent shop called Cafe Cubana. So dreamy, so creamy, and it comes with a little design on the top. Even their machine is great! What a cadillac! You won't see this at Starbucks!

2 comments:

Kathleen Botsford said...

I feel the same way! I cannot stand walking into our Barnes and Noble any more. It used to "feel" like a commu nity place but now it is all corporate and my favorite book sections have been replaced by games and gifts. I am forced to go to Amazon!

Teresa J. Wilber said...

Don't forget about Steve's Sundries, though, don't know if they have lattes, but great grilled cheese sandwiches....AND books, of course. I love to go in there and "smell" the books.

BTW: You've inspired me to bring my blog current. A friend told me recently that to have a "live" blog, one has to be live (current). So, I am going to attempt to resusitate it.