Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Fall Wrap


Here's an easy to do wrap-job which was adapted from my friend Juleah's blog. She used these cuties to make hair decorations; I just glued it to a package instead of a bobby pin. I can see so many ways to use these. (Cindy, I can see you using these for napkin rings for Thanksgiving!)

Here's how simple it is. Felt circles, felt strip. Burn the edges. I did exactly what Juleah did--used a tea candle to burn the edges. It took me a minute to get the hang of it. Some of the felt flamed, some didn't. I couldn't decide if it was my technique or the dyes in the felt. I was able to get a good rhythm after a few circles. Always seeing the bright side, I say the flamed parts actually add some dimension to it. Sew the circles together by adding beads. Voila!

I have a lot of white felt from another project so I'm seeing a winter wonderland scene for something. If you try these, I'd love to know how you used them and how you changed things up. That's part of the fun, ya know?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Im loving the felt circles idea...you could hole punch them, (if that would cut through the felt, otherwise a little snip with scissors should do it), and slide them onto a dowel rod. Using different sized circles you could end up with trees of different heights and sizes!! Maybe they could even decorate a gingerbread scene...or could be layered skirts for some Christmas hula dolls...oh fun fun! Thanks for the inspiration :O)

Cindy said...

These are cute! I'll put this in my "projects to try" folder!