Thursday, February 12, 2009

The First Step

I made the announcement this week at work that beginning in May I will cut back on my work hours and responsibilities. No jaws dropped, no one even seemed interested. No questions were asked, not even a comment later. I expected more, maybe an envious shrug or "Wow. I wish I could do that." But work, for now, goes on as usual. Some days it seems pointless, and yet it's still all I know. I have muddled around so long in this work behavior that it IS normal for me and I anticipate that it will be a while before I experience a sense of clarity in who I really am.

I talk about wanting to cleanse my body of food toxins, of alcohol and sugars. Just as important is a cleansing of the toxins that come from deadlines and must-dos and a feeling of no control.

I'm ready to get started.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Connie:

Surprise...I have given your blog an award. I love reading your posts and feel like you are writing about me at times!

If you need help with your book, let me know!

Hugs,

Sara