Monday, January 25, 2010

Perspective

It's an interesting exercise to go through your life's accumulations and see what you want to take with you to set up a new life. It's especially interesting when you want to leave your current life looking as if nothing has changed. I have stacks of boxes in the garage ready to go to Pittsburgh, and yet nothing seems to be missing from our house. Only when I unpack and start trying to make an empty place feel familiar will I know what I'm missing.

One thing I've had a difficult time with during this process is over-thinking. Thinking about things from every angle, trying to figure out solutions for things that don't exist yet. I've had to make a conscious effort to step back and realize that nothing will be of universal proportion and things will unfold as they are meant to. I've had to remind myself that I'm not in control and crazy thinking will definitely make me crazy.

The countdown is here. This time next week, I'll be writing from Pittsburgh!

4 comments:

Sarah in Disturbia said...

Crazy thinking will definitely make you crazy! It is a huge change for sure! But so "super DUPER" exciting as Lucy would say. What you think, you create. So reach for the happy thought : )

Cindy said...

A number of years ago we had dual residences for a period of time. We took just enough of our possessions to the new place to make life comfortable and familiar. You will figure it out!

Teresa said...

How fun to only pack up what you want or need and leave the rest!! If you don't have it, you don't need it. If you end up needing it, there's always WalMart...or Target. Just go and enjoy the adventure. Smiles!

Juleah said...

If you find that you have forgotten something, just go wrap your arms around those precious babes and everything else will fade and you will soon realize that everything that you could ever need or want is right in your arms:)

I am so excited for you, Sarah, and the grands. It will be so nice for Sarah to have family (especially her mom) near and for the kids to know their YaYa!!