Friday, November 28, 2008

How could I have doubted Martha?

Gravy with bourbon AND white wine in it? I almost didn't try it but it was in Martha's Thanksgiving menu and I gave her the benefit of the doubt, thinking she wouldn't steer you wrong on Thanksgiving ... and you know what? It worked. It was so good that I'll keep the recipe and put it in my holiday best. The dressing I wrote about yesterday fully met expectations. And the sweet potato/cranberry casserole that my sister brought was such a WOW dish -- that little tart burst of the fresh cranberry amongst the sweet potatoes. I'm writing myself into leftovers tonight.

Our going around the table and saying what we were thankful for was so heartfelt and quite emotional actually. Everyone participated and it was such a joyous day. It's one that I will be glad to have linger in my memory.

No comments: