Friday, September 21, 2007

o is for oh my gawd . . .

which is what I'm feeling lately with all the stresses and pressures that are piling up on me right now. To itemize them (and I've done it) makes it seem like "what are you whining about -- it's just work and a couple of trips" but it feels like so much more. And I mean literally "feels" -- the weight of it all makes my chest heavy, my eyes drawn, my arms weak -- and I keep pushing forward because that's what I do. I remember oh so many years ago when I was teaching school and got to a breaking point. It was the end of the school year and I just had to walk away. Friends ended up picking up the pieces for me. My best friend left me a note that said "You bend like a willow but you will never break."

I'm bending, I'm bending, I'm bending . . .

1 comment:

Teresa J. Wilber said...

Oh, Connie, you remind me of "me." I take it all on my chest and sometimes I can't even breathe. I have to literally tell myself to take a deep breath, and, sometimes, that's all that can get me through that moment to the next. I'm emailing you my notes from Sister Ellie's class last week. I hope it helps. Breathe!